Government Fleet Tracking
GPS Solutions for Local and State Governments
Track Your Truck’s GPS vehicle tracking for local government will give you the ability to:
- Keep employees accountable – You don’t have to take workers’ words about their whereabouts or how long they spent in a particular location when you attach GPS tracking devices to their cars. Agencies that are concerned about employees taking long lunches, moonlighting or otherwise not fulfilling their duties can gather data to support worker discipline, retraining or termination — according to the situation’s severity.
- Avoid overtime costs – Paying a driver overtime is never a cost-effective option. Track the time spent on the job and the route taken after the job is complete to ensure your employees are making the best use of their time. This will help you avoid costly overtime fees in the process. By analyzing patterns of vehicle movement in your area, you can detect whether drivers are making the best use of their time. If you present this benefit to your budget controllers, you can make the case that overtime reduction could help defray the costs of the fleet tracking devices you deploy.
- Improve safety –The community counts on you to keep it safe, and real-time monitoring and reporting of driving habits and truck speed lets you ensure that your drivers are doing all they can to keep your fleet and the public you serve safe and secure. With a GPS system tracking vehicles, you can better protect your assets. For example, if an employee has not checked in for a long time (because of an accident), you can check where the vehicle is and call for help.
- Quick response to emergencies – When someone calls with an emergency, every second counts. You can improve your response time by including GPS trackers in all municipal vehicles. The system will let you see in real time the location of your cars and/or trucks — enabling you to quickly deploy them where they are currently needed most for ensuring public safety.
- Lower fuel costs – It’s not always easy to determine the most efficient route between the starting point and destination, since driver experience is only part of the information with which you should be using to make decisions. By keeping track of the routes your drivers take to each destination, you can make adjustments to cut down on miles driven and how much fuel is used. Choose the fastest route and monitor vehicle speed to ensure optimal fuel consumption and lower your overall fuel costs. The tracking system will also note when a driver is idling too long in traffic, motivating you to find alternate routes that will burn less fuel. Less time paused in traffic jams also means less wear and tear on fleet vehicles — reducing maintenance and repair costs.
Better Meet the Needs of Your Local Community With Fleet Tracking for Local Government Vehicles
From the public works department to the sanitation department and everywhere in between, today's local governments need a large number of vehicles to effectively serve residents . Your fleet is crucial to meeting the needs of the community, yet it is also a huge expense for your agency. In light of constant budget concerns, today's fleet management professionals working with government fleets need a way to lower costs.
Fleet tracking allows agencies to ensure their local government vehicles are performing as efficiently as possible, reducing the amount of money spent on vehicle repair and fuel. It also improves service for the local community through timely and efficient dispatching of vehicles while making the job of the fleet's drivers easier with accurate routing. Fleet tracking ensures everyone who is touched by local government vehicles has their needs properly met.
Safe Time With Easy-To-Use GPS Tracking Systems From Track Your Truck
Track Your Truck's GPS tracking technology comes prepped and ready to implement, so all your office needs to do is install the device on your fleet vehicles and access their web based interface. Even if your fleet serves a small municipality, you will find our services are a cost-effective way to ensure that your fleets are used efficiently. With Track Your Truck, you will receive exceptional value at an affordable price. Contact Track Your Truck today to learn how our GPS vehicle tracking system can meet your needs and help you maximize your budget while improving your customer service.