Hardwired GPS Tracker
- Tracks real-time vehicle location, speed and heading 24/7
- Certified by Wireless Carriers to ensure reliability.
- Internal antennas and battery backup in case of driver tampering or stolen vehicle
- Starter Disable — remotely disables vehicle ignition
- Monitor Driver Behavior—built-in accelerometer for detecting harsh driving including braking, jack-rabbit starts, and cornering
- Driver ID – allows driver validation using Dallas ID key fob
- 120-second GPS update standard, 60s and 30s available
- Reliable store and forward
- 20,000 buffered messages
- Latest Tracking Technologies
- Over-the-air programming and firmware updates
How to Install a Hardwired GPS Tracking Device
Our devices are ready to go as soon as we ship them to you. Installing a hardwired GPS tracking device is easy — all it takes is a few minutes to get it up and running so you can start monitoring your fleet. With just a few simple steps, you can install our devices and start receiving real-time updates on your computer.
- Mount the device: The best place to mount the tracker unit is in an area hidden from the driver's view but yet easily accessed by a mechanic or installer. This ensures a hassle-free experience and makes the tracker accessible to technical support if needed. You can either mount the tracker with 3M VHB tape or zip tie straps.
- Connect the device to a power source: When you're ready to power the device, you'll have access to a black wire, red wire and white wire. First, you need to connect the black wire to a ground point. Then, you can connect the red wire to a 12-volt power supply. The white wire connects to a 12-volt switched ignition source.
- Verify installation: To verify installation, you can visit our NetTrack Installer Check. Make sure the vehicle is sitting in an open area where it will receive a strong signal. The Installer Check will prompt you to turn on the vehicle, let it run for a few minutes and then turn it off again before starting the test. Follow the instructions, and enjoy the benefits of your tracker once you're finished.
Hardwired GPS Tracking Device Specs
This 3-ounce tracking device is designed to fit easily into any type of vehicle without disrupting the driver's space or attention. It can track the vehicle's location within 2 meters of accuracy and support multiple types of digital data. Whether you're operating a computer or mobile device, you can receive updates frequent, accurate updates. Some other major specs include:
- Operating temperatures of -30 to +75 degrees Celsius.
- Storage temperatures of -40 to +85 degrees Celsius.
- -162 dBm tracking sensitivity.
- -147 dBm acquisition sensitivity.
- Operating voltage of 6-32 Vdc.
- Power consumption < 20mA @ 12Vdc sleep.
Contact Track Your Truck
At Track Your Truck, we strive to make your tracking solutions as intuitive and hassle-free as possible. For more information about our premium GPS hardwired vehicle tracker, request a demo or contact us today.